The Human Future Blog has moved -- please visit http://thehumanfuture.cbc-network.org/

The Human Future Blog has moved -- please visit http://thehumanfuture.cbc-network.org/

the Human Future Blog Has Moved

Kidney for Sale by Owner

I am in receipt of a new book put out by Georgetown University Press. The author is bioethicist, Dr. Mark J. Cherry. The Title: "Kidney for sale by owner: Human Organs, Transplantation and the Market".I have yet to read this book (it just arrived yesterday) but I will be curious to see how he supports his position that an organ market not only is legitimate but indeed humane. Certainly we all know there is a huge critical shortage of organs available for transplantation. People die each day waiting on a donor list. And we need to find creative and ethical ways to deal with this shortage. I have always asserted that a market based solution will be at first glance, an attractive solution, but putting it into practice quickly demonstrates the problems with monetary incentives to 'donate' or give the gift of life. Is altruism dead in the 21st century?

1 comment:

David Michael +919300114858 said...

Hello this is David Michael from Jabalpur
Cell no. +919300114858
My Blood Group is O+ Hemoglobin 14.8
Height: 5’8” Weight: 74 Kg
I am donated blood in 19 times and donation is continue in 3 months
I want to Donate my own Kidney in Rs. 20,00,000
Because I am in big problem. i am in a big loan amount
Please do something for me
Funds transferred on bank acc no. 019801512360 ICICI bank Jabalpur (India)
Cell no. +919300114858
e-mail annadavid1@rediffmail.com

Post a Comment